Hello everyone!! There is a lot going on this year! As usual, we’ll be gathering for our 3 mile Great Strides walk on Saturday May 18th and our 2013 Chillin’ & Grillin’ for a Cure on Saturday June 8th but we couldn’t wait until our annual letter to share these exciting opportunities with Team CF to achieve your personal fitness goals while raising awareness and funds in pursuit of a cure for those living with Cystic Fibrosis. As a quick update, Dean is doing awesome, growing, gaining wait, keeping those lungs clear and praying for health. If you are ready to challenge yourself to running, cycling or climbing and fundraising for a cure, here are some great opportunities...
As incentive, anyone participating with Team Eat.Pray.Dean for Team CF will be eligible to win a set of Blackhawks tickets to the March 6th game vs. Colorado Avalanche. You’ll get one raffle ticket for each $100 you raise as of 9 am on Friday March 1st. Winner will be announced on March 1st.
· Shamrock Shuffle (Sunday April 7) - Team CF has its first ever presence as a Shamrock Shuffle charity. If you’re a veteran Shuffler or would like to kick-off your 2013 running season and want to help us raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation register before it closes and select the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in the charity section of the registration. Benefits with Team CF include welcome Kit including: training tips and fundraising tools, exclusive Team CF racing singlet, virtual and in-person training options with Run for Change coaching and personal online fundraising website. (Registration = $45; Fundraising requirement = $250)
· Barrington 5K (Sunday June 2) – A scenic 3.1 mile course on the trail path between Citizens Park and Cuba Marsh in Barrington, Illinois. Chip timing, rest stops, and medical support will be available. Registration begins at 7:00 am and race takes off at 8:00 am. Click on Join My Team to register. (Registration = $ 25; Fundraising requirement = $100)
· CF Cycle for Life (Saturday September 7) – your choice of a fully-supported ride with route options of 25 miles and 65 miles. From breakfast to our cycle post party, you can enjoy; fully stocked rest stops every 10 - 12 miles, bike mechanics, ride marshals and plenty of support vehicles along the route. Click on Join my Team to register. (Registration = $25 ; Fundraising requirement = $150)
· Chicago Marathon (Sunday October 13) – We had 4 runners last year for Eat. Pray. Dean raise a crazy amount of money and awareness for CF. If you’ve already committed to running and haven’t aligned with a charity, please consider raising money for CF. Register with Team CF today and we'll send you a reminder to register for the marathon on February 19th via the Bank of America Chicago Marathon website! Last year Marathon registration reached capacity in just 7 days, and this year it's projected to close in just 24-48 hours! Benefits with Team CF include welcome Kit including: training tips and fundraising tools, exclusive Team CF racing singlet, kickoff to marathon training event, pre and post Marathon Team Celebration, virtual and in-person training options with Run for Change coaching and personal online fundraising website. Fax Team CF registration form back to Liz Thompson at 312-236-2797. (Registration = $190; Fundraising requirement = $1,200)
· Climb for Life (December 2013) - more details announced as available.
· Pick your Own Race - if you're already signed up for an event this year and would like to help raise the vital funds to support cystic fibrosis research, we welcome your support! Jim's doing the Muncie 70.3 in July if anyone would like to join him (hint, hint)
If you have any questions for us, let us know. You can also contact Liz Thompson at the CFF (firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.236.4491x108) for more details about any of these events.
Send us an email if you have registered for any of the above events to fundraise with us so we can make sure to get you entered into the Blackhawks raffle! Thank you for your commitment to help us raise funds and Add Tomorrows.
Jim & Erin