That paragraph doesn’t do the day justice but the feeling of complete and abounding love isn’t that easy to express in writing. We are blessed, not only with our amazing children but by a God who is unconditionally loving and taking care of us and by a community of people that have made our cause their’s too.
We are forever grateful for the help in raising over $8,500 from the Chillin’ & Grillin’ event and almost $30,000 this year. The awareness is still out there and we are continuing to hit people and receive donations, which is AWESOME. When I think back to last Saturday, an oldie keep popping into my head:
It's the Eye of the TigerIt's the thrill of the fight
Rising up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And he's watching us all
With the Eye of the Tiger
This song holds such great memories of a great win, a triumph over the odds, a long shot. That is exactly how I feel about CF. It will end ok, we just have to fight, fight, fight to get there. Dean loves his life, he loved his “party” and he doesn’t even know what CF is, let’s keep fighting so we can keep it that way.
Check out the awesome slideshow a friend made, capturing the events of the 2013 Chillin' & Grillin': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ73FvIV9-o&feature=player_detailpage
With much love and unending gratefulness,
Jim & Erin
STILL WANT TO HELP THIS YEAR?
1. If you didn’t get a chance to get in on our raffles, we do have one left for the year: Our Each day in July 2013, we will post the winning numbers from the Illinois Lottery Pick 3 EVENING drawing. If your raffle ticket number is the winning number for that day, you win $50. Tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20. Email if you’d like to get in on this!
2. Volunteer at the Chicago Speedway on select dates in June or July and raise money for the CFF.
3. Sign up for a 25 or 65 mile bike with us on September 7th in Geneva, Illinois as we Cycle for Life.
4. Sign up to climb on November 10th in Chicago, Illinois as Candy leads a team for us up flights of stairs at 300 N. LaSalle as she Climbs for Life.
5. Try out your Tae Kwon Do skills at Frankfort Black Belt Academy who will donate back to us for every summer program enrollment.
6. Raise money for us as you take on your next challenge (marathon, bike, swim, run, etc).
7. Be an organ donor: In the past few weeks, you may have read about the plight of a few families trying to save theirs childrens lives. They are young ones, 10 and 11 in desperate need for a new set of lungs as a result of damage caused by Cystic Fibrosis. Legalities currently stand in the way and the families are fighting hard to do what they can. Whether or not they change the laws to allow these youngsters to get adult lungs based on the severity of their disease (as opposed to their age) remains to be seen, HOWEVER, in this case, there is a bit of a simpler solution…register to be an organ donor. The more people that register, the smaller the issue will be in the future.
|Pig Daddy's taste submission|
|Pig Daddy - Tom won Best Ribs!|
|A view from Frankfort's Tower Ladder Truck|
|Dem Bones Dem Bones - People's Choice 2nd year in a row!|
|Yummy Dean Cupcakes|
|Grampa's Sweet Ribs|
|A sample of the raffle baskets|
Thank you Jason Inc, Assembled Products, Ozinga, Poochamungas, Cannonball, Cross Technology, Peace Community Preschool, Tomlinson Law Office, Frankfort Black Belt Academy, Avid Printers, Hawkinson Nissan, Hawkinson Kia, Portable John, Inc., Treasured Smiles for your support.