a different kind of perfect

i'm a mom...on a mission...to enjoy life everyday...appreciate the little moments...try not to get so easily annoyed...raise my kids with a faith legacy that leads them to continue to be amazing people...and to make my husband feel as special as he makes me feel.

What is Cystic Fibrosis?

CF is an inherited chronic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system of about 30k children and adults in the US (70k worldwide). A defective gene and its protein product cause the body to produce unusually thick, sticky mucus that both clogs the lungs and obstructs the pancreas and stops natural enzymes from helping the body break down and absorb food. [www.cff.org]

Friday, March 30, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday Buddy!

Happy Birthday Dean-o Shean-o Cappuccino!


I loved my birthday brownie!

Two years ago today I can vividly remember the crazy feeling of being so unbelievably excited that you were going to join us. We knew right from the start that you were different from your older siblings, all born on the 21st of different months and here you come out on the 30th. 

You are hilarious; you know how to joke around.  At such a young age, you know a simple moo will make us chuckle.

You are loving; you give hugs in the morning, run to greet Cali and Owen when they walk through the door after school, and Gaga when he comes home from work and I love those little legs and how they sprint to give me a great giant bear hug when you first wake up.

You are kind; after your milky in the morning, you warm my heart when you insist on bringing Evie hers (even when she's still sleeping).

You are strong; I tear up the few times when you cry to take off your vest, but I'm in awe the 90% of the time when you work the machines and take the treatments without a whimper.

I loved that you watched ELF about 100 times this winter and that you're rotating now through Toy Story and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. 

I love that you're best buddy is Obba and that you get so excited when you wear a blue shirt like him.

I love that you call your big sister Cali Mama, your big brother O.J. and we're so close with Evie...from EE to EB.

I love that you follow Evie around and miss her dearly when she's at school. 

I love that you get so excited seeing a fish; that you literally shake with excitement when a dawwgy comes near and get even more excited when it licks your hand.

I love you buddy, you're my littlest man and there are days when I can't stop thanking God for the gift that you are to all of us.  Birthdays are special but every single day with you is just precious.

Some pictures from Dean's day today...
Starting off the day with a game
My sisters decorated my door!
Opening some gifts
Still smiling at bedtime!
 
 If you haven't had the chance to see Dean's 2012 Fundraising video and contribute to our Great Strides fundraiser, please check it out at:  http://www.cff.org/Great_Strides/JimandErinBurns


1 comment: